Mission: To provide faith-based services and programs in order to better the lives of young families of all faiths with children ages 0-12 in Anderson, California.
Vision: Children smiling, parents laughing, the community blessed by future generations that have been empowered to walk hand and hand into eternity.
Methodology: Establish programs to improve the health, emotions and spirituality of members of the Anderson community - families with children ages 0-12.
Adventist Family Ministries is a collaborative ministry designed to meet the needs of families with children ages 0-12 in Anderson, CA. Services being planned are: annual dental clinic, Fall Festival, children's clothing distribution, summer shoes program and a yearly Bible study week (Vacation Bible School). More activities will be added in the future as the Lord leads, so plan to support and participate in Adventist Family Ministries: a ministry for our community and church. *All events are free or for little cost. See the calendar for more information and visit this LINK for family resources.
UPCOMING Family / Social EVENTS
1. January 29 - Snow Social at Lassen National Park. Details to be announced.
2. February 18 @ 6pm - Agape Feast. Join us for a family friendly version of celebrating the Lord's life, death and resurrection. Footwashing is prior to the meal and the bread and non-alcoholic juice will be after an inspirational video.
3. March 12: Chili Cook-off and Talent Show - Bring your talent and dish to share!
4. April 9 @ 3pm: Chef Mark Anthony meal demonstration and talk. Bring the whole family to this wonderful meal by a world-class Chef.
5. May 28 @ 11am - Picnic at the Park. Bring a picnic item, chairs and your family to the Anderson River park. Games, food and fellowship will be the focus for the entire family.
6. June 23-25: Vacation Bible School. The theme is to be announced, but plan now to join us! The program will continue after this weekend ends each Saturday morning at 9:30am so also plan to continue the Summer journey!
7. July 9 @ 11am - A Day at Whiskeytown Lake. Join us at the Brandy Creek Beach area for a picnic, boat rides and swimming. Bring a picnic item to share for lunch.
8. September 29-30: Area Campout at Hat Creek. Families from the valley and the hills converge on the Hat Creek group area for a time of worship, fellowship, food and nature study. An insert will appear HERE as the date approaches.
9. October 22: Fall Festival from 1-4pm. Many families were blessed by the FREE fair games, funnel cakes, cotton candy, popcorn, snow cones, bounce house, nature testifies face painting and more last year. Joins us again this year for this wonderful event for all ages. The only cost will be for purchases made at the Boutique.
FREE Dental Clinic - October 23, 2016 from 8am to noon. Initial health screenings were held at the Anderson Seventh-day Adventist Church located at 2769 Balls Ferry Road across from the Meadow Lane Elementary School. Dental work was provided for children ages 5-18 at a dental office just a short distance from the Church. View the postcard for this event by clicking HERE.
*To pre-register call Pastor Murray Miller at 530-364-2041 or by sending him an email: firstname.lastname@example.org